Banana Nut Brownies
Reduce your sugar by a third with these moist, rich and delicious brownies. Recipe tweaked from Darina Allen.
- 175 g Butter, cut into cubes
- 160 g Light muscovado sugar (or 90g caster sugar and 85g soft brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp Madhūka Powder
- 175 g Dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100 g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100 g Walnuts and hazlenuts, chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Bananas, ripe and mashed
- Crème fraîche and Madhūka Nibs to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a Swiss roll tin with silicone paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan on a gentle heat, stirring until it’s smooth and melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cool a little. Sieve the flour and the baking powder, add the chopped nuts and Madhūka Powder.
- Beat the eggs and add to the chocolate. Add the mashed banana to the chocolate mixture. Finally, add the chocolate mixture into the flour, mix well and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until almost firm in the centre.
- Cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares.