Cheese & Chive Scones
Treat yourself to a homemade afternoon snack with our mouthwatering savoury scones.
- 225 g Self-raising flour
- 40 g Unsalted butter
- 15 g Madhūka Powder
- 45 g Manchego cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- 140 ml Milk
- To serve: Butter
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan, Gas mark 7.
- Place the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the Madhūka powder, half the cheese and the chives.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whilst stirring, to bring the mixture to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently pat into a round roughly 2 cm thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out 10 rounds – you may need to bring the trimmings together again for the final scone.
- Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden and lightly springy to the touch.
- Cool on a rack before serving with butter.