Gooey Courgette & Pistachio Cupcakes
This squidgy cake is a healthier alternative to your classic courgette cakes but still tastes great!
- 12 tbsp Aquafaba (or you can use 4 eggs)
- 150 g Brown sugar
- 75 g Madhūka Powder
- 100 ml Oil
- 6 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 250 g Courgette
- 200 g Plain flour
- 100 g Almond flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp Baking soda
- 100 g Pistachios
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C/340F. Place 24 cupcake cases onto a baking tray.
- Blot the courgette between sheets of kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture. Make sure the courgettes are as dry as possible before using.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, Madhūka Powder, oil, yoghurt, vanilla essence, lime zest and juice in a large bowl.
- Stir in the courgette and then fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and most of the pistachios (save a couple of tablespoons).
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cupcakes are risen and golden and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean. Then cool completely on a wire rack.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, spread icing over the top if desired - we recommend our buttercream icing. Decorate with the remaining pistachios, lime zest and even edible flowers for an extra something special.