Griddled Courgette & Melon Salad
This gorgeous, healthy salad makes the perfect light lunch or supper dish for those hot Summer days and nights.
For the salad
- 1.5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 tbsp Freshly chopped mint
- 3 Courgettes
- 0.5 Cantaloupe melon
- 50 g Rocket leaves
- 75 g Feta cheese
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Madhūka Powder
- 0.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Madhūka Nibs
- Place 1 ½ tbsp of the olive oil in a large bowl, sprinkle in the mint and stir to mix.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the courgettes into long thin strips and toss them in the minty oil. Heat a griddle pan and griddle the courgettes until just soft and lightly charred at the edges. Leave to cool.
- Peel and chop the melon and place on a large salad plate, sprinkle over the rocket, feta and griddled courgette.
- To make the dressing whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Madhūka Powder, mustard and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and sprinkle the salad with Madhūka Nibs to serve.