Kefir Pancakes, Yoghurt & Berries
These super light kefir pancakes are guaranteed to help you start your day right.
For the pancakes
- 100 g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp Madhūka Powder
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 280 ml Kefir
- 25 g Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
For the toppings
- Madhūka Nibs
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and Madhūka Powder. Sprinkle in the sugar.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, kefir and melted butter, and in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk the kefir mixture into the dry ingredients and then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a drizzle of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and spoon in 3-4 separate tablespoons of the mixture.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until bubbles appear in the batter. Carefully flip over the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until cooked through. Keep warm and continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh berries, a sprinkling of Madhūka Nibs and a drizzle of honey.