Lower Sugar Banana Bread
We have tweaked this recipe courtesy of Yummy Toddler Food by adding our Madhūka Nibs and Powder. This helps to even further lower the sugar as well as adding an extra crunch for the top!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the butter, bananas, eggs, and vanilla to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the flours, sugar, Madhūka Powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula so it’s even. Sprinkle on the Madhūka Nibs.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan (carefully) and let cool on a wire rack completely.
- Slice and serve.
- Dairy-free: Use melted coconut oil or plant-based butter in place of the regular butter. Gluten-free: Use a 1:1 style of baking mix in place of the wheat flours. You can use coconut sugar if you prefer. Use all whole wheat flour or all plain flour. If you use whole wheat, it may be done in the oven a little earlier. If you use plain flour exclusively, it may take a few more minutes.