Pistachio Energy Bites
Gorgeous Middle-Eastern flavours ooze through these bit-sized delights!
- 150 g Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 Orange, rind grated and juice extracted
- 150 g Pistachios (without shell)
- 50 g Rolled oats
- 65 g Ground almonds
- 1.5 tbsp Madhūka Powder
- Place the dates in a bowl with the orange rind and juice, mix well and leave to stand for 3-4 hours, to allow the dates to soak up the juice.
- Blitz 50g of the pistachios in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Sprinkle onto a large plate or chopping board.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients, including the soaked dates, into the food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together – don’t over process as you want to have some texture to the bites.
- Using wet hands, roll the mixture into balls roughly the size of a walnut.
- Roll each ball in the pistachio crumbs to roughly coat them.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.